Since its founding in 1902 with the enthusiastic support of President Theodore Roosevelt, the Navy League of the United States (NLUS) has promoted the need for strength in American sea power. As Assistant Secretary of the Navy and recipient of both the Nobel Peace Prize and the Congressional Medal of Honor, Roosevelt fully understood that superior sea power sustains peace, deters war, and protects our economy as well as the freedoms essential to the American way of life.
are non-active-duty members (both prior-military and passionately interested civilians) and are the nation’s watchdogs for the sea services and track issues regarding military preparedness, modernization, and all other matters relative to maintaining U.S. strength at sea. Members of the Navy League are also recognized for their integrity, patriotism and community service, especially on the waterfront. Additionally, we conduct educational programs promoting a second-to-none sea service and support for the people who serve and their families. Although current active-duty personnel cannot become members, their spouses, family members, and inactive reservists are indeed invited to join.
The Navy League Supports the Sea Services by:
- Educating government officials and American citizens about the importance of strong sea services and important naval issues.
- Sponsoring the Sea-Air-Space Exposition, the largest maritime exhibition of its kind, as well as other forums addressing sea service issues.
- Communicating defense issues with more than 70,000 military personnel and civilians through our award winning magazine, Seapower.
- Hosting national awards programs to recognize the exceptional service of active duty and reserve personnel.
- Contributing more than $600,000 annually to our nation’s youth through support of the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet’s Corps.
The Navy League of the United States offers the following types of membership:
|Regular Membership (1 year)||$55.00|
|Regular Membership (2 years)||$100.00|
|Regular Membership (3 years)||$130.00|
|Regular Membership (4 years)||$180.00|
|Regular Membership (5 years)||$225.00|
|*E-Membership(includes electronic edition of SEAPOWER and Almanac)||$25.00|
|Life Membership (to age 55)||$1,000.00|
|Life Membership (age 56 – 75)||$750.00|
|Life Membership (age 76 +)||$500.00|